COMPLEJO CULTURAL UNIVERSITARIO
April 4th, 1937, the University of Puebla was legally instituted. With eight decades of history, the BUAP is fully recognized as one of the best institutions of higher education in the country.
The Complejo Cultural Universitario (CCU) was inaugurated on November 10th, 2008, as a set of architectural spaces and interactive squares, responding to the commitment that the national public university has to the society that nourishes and gives life to it.
The Auditorium of the Complejo Cultural Universitario has the best facilities to carry out productions of all levels and with a capacity of 3649 seats. The Theater offers ample possibilities for scenic expressions. With inter-institutional, commercial and educational artistic activities. Of the most advanced and complete in the country.
In addition, the CCU has a university library and a seminar center with a multifunctional space of 600 m2, with a total capacity for 600 people and with the possibility of adapting from 1 to 5 rooms. This is also the faculty of Communication Sciences, the Institute of Government Sciences and Strategic Development and the School of Plastic and Audiovisual Arts.
In 10 years of the Complejo Cultural Universitario, this has been the scene of 6 thousand artistic presentations, 30 thousand cinema functions and 3 thousand international academic events. It is also the headquarters of five artistic companies, such as the Folkloric Ballet, Symphonic Choir, Contemporary Dance, Symphonic Orchestra and Theater which have developed 1,500 productions and 4 thousand presentations inside and outside the venue.